Effective Date: December 14, 2015
NOTE: The Service is intended for use by individuals over the age of 18, and Shred Video does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Service and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Service, please contact us at email@example.com or the mailing address at the end of this Policy and we will work to delete that Service account and any such personally identifiable information.
1. Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on and after the Effective Date. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above. We will treat your continued use of the Service following such change as your acceptance of the changes.
2. Third Parties. We may offer through the Service or send to registered users links to or offers from third parties. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request such third parties to provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
3. Information Collected on the Service.
Submitted Information. When you create an account with the Service, we collect the information you provide in the registration form. At a minimum, this information consists of your name and e-mail address, and may also include any videos, music and metadata you may provide (collectively, the “Media”). We will also collect other information you choose to provide to us through customer service requests and other communications you may initiate. To the extent you decline to share certain information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Service.
Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you, and this information can be associated with your user account and information you submit to us. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Service, how much and the type of Media you upload, as well as server log data such as a device’s IP address, MAC address and operating system version.
Payment Information. When you subscribe to premium membership through the Service, we ask for your credit card, billing address or other payment information. We use third-party payment services providers to process payments on our behalf, and as a result, we do not actually receive your credit card number or other payment instrument information.
Social Networking Information. We may allow you to create your Service account by logging in through a social networking site such as Facebook (“Social Services”). Integration with Social Services allows us to offer a more personalized experience to you when you use the Service. When you log into the Service using your Social Service account, the Social Service will provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to that Social Service (such as your profile picture, interests, and connections), and we will use, store and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy. Please remember that the manner in which Social Services use, store and disclose your information is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Social Service, and not Shred Video.
Tracking and Cookies. The Site may use both web beacons and cookies to collect information. “Beacons” (also often referred to as “pixels”) are tiny graphics on a web page designed to track when a page is viewed. “Cookies” are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are downloaded by your web browser or mobile device when you visit a website. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies when you access and use the Site. Cookies may be used, for example, to remember your user account information and your preferences, to customize the interface of the Site for you and to assist us in measuring and analyzing Site traffic. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your browser’s documentation to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings. Like many websites, the Site does not currently respond to “do not track” browser headers. However, you can take steps to limit tracking by erasing cookies from your computer’s hard drive and by setting your browser to block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored.
Mobile Device IDs. We will create a unique, random alphanumeric identifier and associate it with your device and the information about you on our servers. We will use this identifier to recognize and remember your device and your preferences when you use the Service. If you enable push notifications, we will collect and use your device’s hard-coded unique identifier in order to be able to send your push notifications.
Location-Based Information. If you allow it through your mobile device preferences, we will receive information regarding your precise location (using the GPS antenna within your device) when the App is running on your device.
4. Use & Disclosure of Service Information.
We internally use the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provide the information, such as to create and maintain a user account for you.
- We will use submitted information and automatically collected information to provide the features and functionality of the Service to you, including to create a montage of your Media.
- We may use submitted information and automatically collected information in connection with software tools to analyze the content of your Media and to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Service.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Service in order to help us improve the Service and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and automatically collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, or alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Service.
- We may use your Social Service information to give you the ability to invite your Social Service connections to use the Service and connect you to your Social Service connections on the Service if you use a Social Service to log-in to your Service account.
- We may combine personal information collected through the Service with other information that we or third parties collect about you in other contexts, such as our communications with you via e-mail, phone, or your customer service records.
We externally use and disclose the information we maintain about you as follows:
- We may disclose your Media to other users of the Service.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third-party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
- We may provide third parties with aggregated, non-identifiable information about our user base (including aggregated, non-identifiable location information) and its usage patterns.
- We may use contractors and third-party service providers to provide the Service to our users. When our contractors or service provider obtain access to your personally identifiable information, they are required to protect it in a manner that is consistent with this Policy by, for example, not using it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Shred Video.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so or in other circumstances when necessary either to protect the rights or property of Shred Video, our users, and third parties.
- The Service may include advertising served by third parties, which may be targeted to you based on your online browsing activities and app usage. We may also partner with third-party advertising companies in order to serve online advertising regarding our products and services to you after you use the Service. For more information on such advertising targeting practices, you may visit http://www.aboutads.info. For the ability to opt-out of such targeting practices, you can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices and also download and use the apps referenced at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- We may disclose this information to our affiliates for use as described in this Policy.
5. Analytics Service. Third party analytics service providers will receive data regarding your usage of the Service in order to provide analytics services to us. As of the date of this Policy, these service providers include Google Analytics and Mixpanel. For information about the privacy practices of these services providers, you can visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and https://mixpanel.com/terms/. If you elect to opt-out of data collection by these service providers (to the extent available) and subsequently use the Service through a difference device or otherwise change your cookie or privacy settings on your device, you will need to opt-out again.
6. Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your user account and view or amend your user account information at any time. Please note that while changes to your account information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information. Note that changes to, or deletion of, your user account does not affect any other information collected by us, and we may retain and continue to use or disclose your information in accordance with this Policy.
7. Choice Regarding Third-Party Offers. To the extent we send you commercial e-mails regarding third-party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
8. Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information. We expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your personal information or usage information. Shred Video does not recommend using the Service to exchange any financial, medical or other sensitive information (including credit card numbers).
9. Transfer As Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Shred Video, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
10. Transfer to the U.S. or Other Countries. We may use facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where we have facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
11. Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:
Shred Video, Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Questions
151 Potrero Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94103